What Type of Information Does Sleep Aim Collect?
Information Provided Directly by Visitors
The first type of information that we collect at Sleep Aim is the one you share with us directly. For instance, when you Sign up for a newsletter, subscribe to our email list, answer a survey, share your phone number or email for contact, use one of our services, or even when you leave a comment. We obtain your name, email address, and contact details directly from you through the above actions.
- Information Obtained through Social Media
You may be prompted to share your social media address when you visit our site. A good example is when you link to your Facebook account. We get access to your user name, location, demographic information, interests, and other relevant information through this. It’s not just Facebook. We can also obtain personal data from other social media platforms.
- Information Obtained Automatically
Besides the above, we use different methods and tools to obtain our visitors’ information. This entails log files, pixel tags, and the most popular way – through Cookies. Automated data collection plays a significant role in helping us track visitor interaction with our site through analytics.
Please note that information collected automatically is strictly non-personal. Examples of information collected through this method include geolocation, IP address, browser used to access the site, the device used, the operating system of the device, carrier details, domain name, and many more.
To assist us with analytics, automated data collection also informs us about when you visited Sleep Aim, the pages you checked out, how many times you opened our site, how long you spent on our pages, and if you visited any other websites. These details come in very handy in helping us track the performance of our site.
While we are still on information obtained automatically, you need to note the following. Sleep Aim may use;
- Third Party Service Providers – These groups may also collect the above information automatically by using Cookies and log files.
- Third Party Analytic Technologies – To assist us in finding out who is using our site, Sleep Aim may use third-party analytic technologies. These tools provide us with insight into non-personal information, which helps us better our content and service delivery.
- Information Collected from Other Sources
At times, the above data collection methods may not provide us with adequate information. As a result, we are obliged to source data from other sources. Sleep Aim, therefore, obtains data from trusted sources which we complement with the information from the above sources. When combined, we learn more about the lifestyle and demographics of our audience. This helps us tailor our reviews and guides to suit your needs better.
Irrespective of where we obtain your information, Sleep Aim combines this data to understand our visitors better.
How Does Sleep Aim Use this Information?
We wouldn’t collect data without a purpose. Since we are a reputable website that operates through transparency, we must share how we use the information obtained through the above methods. Sleep Aim uses your data for these purposes;
- To tailor content so that it meets your exact preferences. The same way certain beds appeal to a specific group of people is also the same case with content. Sleep Aim uses your information to personalize content.
- We also use that information to respond to your messages or queries. Remember, for communication to be effective, we must use specific channels like email or Facebook to reach out to you. That’s why we may ask for this information when you visit our site.
- For analysis purposes. Another reason why we collect user data is for analytics. It is impossible to run a website without knowing whether you are reaching out to your target audiences. We can figure out the number of visitors our site receives and whether they are consuming the content through data collection.
- Through data collection, we can contact you directly. At Sleep Aim, we prefer the two-way mode of communication. This entails sending us feedback and being able to reply to you. We can’t send replies without your contact information.
- We also use this data for demographic and analytic purposes. Our audiences are grouped into various segments based on geographical location, gender, and other characteristics. This data helps us identify where we should group you as our visitors.
- To improve your experience on our website. From the information we get from you, Sleep Aim can spot any weaknesses on the site and fix them right away.
- From time to time, the uses may vary. However, before using your information for a purpose other than the one intended above, we will ask for your consent.
Do We Share This Information?
Yes, Sleep Aim does share some of the information collected with other parties. Examples of individuals we share your data with include;
- Affiliates – Our affiliate partners are the first group we share your information with. This is done for both marketing and promotional reasons.
- Third-Party Service Providers – Since we partner with other professionals who offer technical services to our website, some of this information is also shared with them.
- The General Public – In specific scenarios, we share your information with the general public. For example, when you enroll in one of our promotions, contests, or sweepstakes, we may share your details with the public. This will depend on the rules of the promotion.
- Legal Fraternity – In court cases or upon request by the administration, we may have to disclose certain information. We may be required by the law to provide your details during investigations. Also, in instances where a particular individual violates our terms, we may share their details with the relevant authorities.
Do You Have a Choice in the Matter?
Absolutely. Here at Sleep Aim, we give our visitors the chance to decide whether they want to accept cookies. They also have the freedom to limit or stop tracking completely. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to use certain website functions. Also, if you restrict tracking, there are parts of our pages you may not access or use.
On your website, you can set not to receive cookies. You can also delete cookies. More information on how to do this should be available on your browser’s website. Depending on the browser you are using, our Sleep Aim website may not fully respond to Do Not Track requests.
By opting not to accept cookies, we will not send relevant advertising your way. You can research further about how cookies help you find relevant adverts. You can avoid seeing these ads by adjusting the privacy and advertising settings.
Regarding information not directly related to order placement purchase and delivery, we grant our clients the opportunity to either update or out from having their information used for other purposes. If you want to opt-out of marketing communications, here are some things you can do;
- Visit our contact us section and send us a message that you want to opt-out of our marketing communications.
- Alternatively, you can directly send us an email that you wish to opt-out of our marketing services. We will gladly honor your request.
While we are still discussing opting out of requests, you should take note of the following. When you opt-out of our marketing communication, you may still receive marketing emails from our affiliates. You have to opt-out of each one of them individually.
California Privacy Rights Act (2020)
Should you be interested in opting out of collecting and using personal information for marketing? Contact Sleep Aim directly? In the email, indicate that you wish to revise your California Privacy Rights in the subject field. Our support team will answer your request, even if it’s to stop advertising communication from our end. Ensure that you are very keen when communicating to us about your California privacy rights since we won’t be able to decipher messages that are sent incompletely. Regarding marketing messages from our affiliates, for you to enforce your California privacy rights, you will have to contact them directly.
Plug-ins, Links, and Third-Party Content
Storage of Data
Because our website operates across US servers, the storage of your personal data is done according to the laws of the United States. Data protection measures may differ from one state to another. If you are from another country, the regulations also won’t be the same. To emphasize what we discussed earlier, if the US authorities request access to your personal information, we may disclose it to them.
Security of Data
Data breaches are rampant in modern society, and we have taken the necessary measures to ensure your details are safe with us. Our website is encrypted and secured to ensure that your details don’t fall into the wrong hands.
The privacy of kids is a crucial matter. Therefore, we do not intentionally or unknowingly collect information from children below 13 years. If a child provides us with their details, our systems are designed to detect and delete such information.
Contact Us Via;
Sleep Aim Inc.
150 E 34th St, New York
The content and information posted at Sleep Aim are protected by the United States Laws and international bodies. We refer to individuals as users, you, and your in our terms of services. This is to help avoid any confusion.
Who is Eligible to Use Our Site?
Use of the Site
Sleep Aim is supported by our readers who purchase products reviewed on our site. You will see referral and affiliate links when you look through our content. When you click on a link and buy a product directly from our site, we will earn a commission. Click here and view our full disclosures page on how this works.
To emphasize the above, we are not sponsored or endorsed by any mattress company or organization. Therefore our reviews do not promote a particular mattress brand.
To copy, edit, reproduce or republish content posted on Sleep Aim, you must acquire authorization from our administrators. The only form of approval that we offer our viewers is viewing, downloading, and printing the contents on Sleep Aim for personal or non-commercial use. Our content shouldn’t be used for commercial purposes. You must include our copyright notice in the document as you view or download our content.
Individuals found guilty of impairing, disabling, or overburdening the site will be denied access to Sleep Aim, and we can take legal measures against them. This also goes for hackers or persons interested in gaining unauthorized access to the website and attempting to alter information.
On User Submissions, Sleep Aim doesn’t claim ownership to text or materials submitted by its users. There is an exception, which we have discussed in detail under the Submission of Ideas subheading below.
By using our site, you vow not to make any hateful, abusive, false, threatening, defamatory, profane, scandalous, or pornographic submissions. You are also not allowed to make comments that may invade a person’s religion, race, sexual orientation, or disabilities. The submitted content ought to adhere to local, national and international laws.
- Advise or solicit another company
- Interfere with the topic being discussed (not unless it’s a free-form discussion)
- Be impersonating
- Contain viruses that will harm other person’s computers
- Gather other users details without their knowledge and approval
- Affect another person’s experience of Sleep Aim
For any submission made on Sleep Aim, you grant us the ownership of that comment. We may thus use it for various purposes, including modifying, translating, reproducing, and even translating it.
Before we can look at the Submission of Ideas, Sleep Aim would like to identify certain areas where we have the right to perform certain actions. We have a right to;
- Record dialogues that occur on our site.
- Remove without consent submissions that infringe terms of service, are abusive, outdated, harmful, or illegal. We strictly adhere to the law and don’t promote any illegal activities.
Submission of Ideas
The exception about claiming ownership to submissions made to our site will be discussed here. We will not accept any ideas from individuals not associated with Sleep Aim. However, ideas, suggestions, and concepts promoted by Sleep Aim through our site will be considered as our property. This information will be considered non-confidential, and Sleep Aim will have the right to use or share this information without the owners’ consent. We will also have the freedom to share this information with third-party sites. Users are encouraged not to suggest any ideas or concepts not unless Sleep Aim has instructed them to do so.
Liability of Sleep Aim and Its Licensors & Partners
Any usage of information shared on this site is at your own risk. There may be typing errors or inaccurate information on this website. As much as Sleep Aim works around the clock to ensure the above doesn’t happen, we are human beings and are bound to make mistakes from time to time.
When using this site, users are encouraged to be vigilant with who has access to their computers. The likes of usernames and passwords should remain confidential because if they fall into the wrong hands, malicious individuals can access your account. By using our site, you claim responsibility for what happens to your password and account. Regarding your account, should you violate our terms, we have the right to terminate it.
Contact with Third Parties and Their Websites
You will find several links to third parties and their websites on our pages. This may include links to text, images, videos, music, and a wide range of media. We also have links to third-party websites.
As we place these links, we only perform adequate research, and once the third-party links prove to contain useful information, we add them to our pages. Sleep Aim doesn’t engage in further research. Therefore, we can’t fully vouch for third-party websites accessed through Sleep Aim. By clicking on these hyperlinks, you agree that we aren’t liable for any loss that may occur as a result. It’s also worth mentioning that the use of third-party links doesn’t endorse or promote their goods, products, or services. The primary reason why we use them is to help feed the readers with more knowledge.
As you interact with a third party on their website. Your interaction is solely yours and theirs. Sleep Aim is not involved in any way whatsoever. Clicking on a third-party link should be done at your own risk.
Discontinuation or Alteration of the Website
Sleep Aim can make changes or suspend the website without your consent at any point in time. Not just the website, but everything entailed in general, including the content and web pages. This can be on a permanent or temporary basis.
For viewers outside the US, Sleep Aim doesn’t acknowledge that its contents may be appropriate for you. There may be legal restrictions depending on your country of residence. The content on Sleep Aim is strictly made for residents in the US. Therefore, if you view from other countries, you are liable if any legal issues arise in your area of jurisdiction.
Because we are based in New York, the laws governing this website are of the United States. If any dispute arises, it will be resolved by the federal courts in New York, United States of America. We waive any jurisdictional defenses that may fall out of our areas of operation.
Compulsory Agreement to Arbitrate in Case of Conflict
Here at Sleep Aim, should any of our visitors get into a dispute with our licensors, assignees, agents, and employees, the issues must be resolved through arbitration. If that doesn’t bear fruit, Sleep Aim can take the claims to small courts which fall under the US jurisdiction. When it reaches the court level, both parties have the right to seek relief. We prefer arbitration since it doesn’t involve a judge or a jury. All matters are handled gently until a friendly approach is reached.
The arbitration will adhere to the US Federal Arbitration Act, which the Judicial Arbitration Mediation Services manages. As per the recommendations in this act, both Sleep Aim and its clients will;
- The arbitration will be done on an individual basis.
- As per JAMS requirements, Sleep Aim will pay for the arbitration costs.
- The arbitrator has a right to offer relief as long as they adhere to the law.
- Every party will pay for its legal costs.
Notice and Take Down Process
- Showcase the work you believe to be copyrighted. Add links and describe in detail how we have infringed your copyrights.
- Share with us the original submission for comparison purposes. This includes the URL and location.
- Provide your contact details for easier communication. Don’t forget to add your name as well.
- Prove to us that you are indeed the copyright owner in a statement. The statement should be in accordance with the perjury penalty laws.
- The copyright owner should also include a signature.
After compiling the above, the statement can be mailed to our address;
Sleep Aim Inc.
150 E 34th St, New York