Casper mattresses have gained a lot of popularity recently. The brand is practically a household name due to its extensive advertising campaigns and the spread of information by word-of-mouth. But just because a brand name is well-known, doesn’t mean it’s the best on the market. This is especially true when it comes to mattresses. Sleep is such a personal thing that it’s simply impossible for the same mattress to work for everyone. A good mattress should help one fall asleep comfortably and stay asleep throughout the night.
Sometimes choosing the best mattress requires some trial and error. The great thing is that now, many mattresses allow consumers to try the mattress for a short trial period to see if it’s going to work. Casper offers customers a 100-night trial period and many other brands have followed suit with similar trial periods. Some even allow for longer trials. Casper mattresses may be popular, but they aren’t necessarily the best. There are plenty of other options on the market with comparable features for those who don’t want to invest in a Casper mattress.
5 Best Casper Mattress Alternatives in 2021
The following is a list of the 5 best alternatives to a Casper mattress. These mattresses have many of the same features but may have features or other benefits that make them a better alternative. These reviews will consider customer reviews, quality, price, construction, comfort, and additional features to help consumers purchase the best Mattress Like Casper.
The Saatva brand is one of the The best mattress Alternatives to Casper. The Saatva Classic mattress is designed with luxury in mind. It has a dual-coil design that’s made to stand up to everyday use without sagging. The manufacturers of this mattress stand behind their product and provide a 15-year warranty. The mattress is available with a 180-night trial period.
Saatva mattresses range in price from $887 to $2174. The price depends on the size of the mattress. Consumers also have the option to choose between an 11.5″ width or a 14.5″ width. One of the great things about the Saatva mattress is that it allows the consumer to make choices based on their preferred mattress type. One can also choose between 3 comfort levels.
Important product features
- The mattress comes in Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm
- Saatva offers free in-room delivery and setup. Plus, they will remove the old mattress and foundation if desired.
- The mattress includes the brand’s patented spinal zone technology. This was developed to provide and comfortable and supportive surface to help keep the spine in alignment
- The included organic cotton cover and dual-coil design provide breathability. Not only does this help one stay cool while they sleep, but it also helps prevent mattress odors.
- The mattress cover is treated with an anti-microbial compound. This prevents the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria on the mattress surface.
- The 884 individually pocketed coils support the entire body. This works well for anyone who experiences back or neck pain from lack of support during sleep.
- Included is a high-density foam rail around the edge of the mattress. This can prevent sagging and help the mattress continue to look great and maintain its integrity even after years of use.
If the consumer doesn’t like the mattress and wishes to return it, there will be a $99 fee charged for pickup.
There are also fees and complicated terms associated with the 15-year warranty. Consumers need to read and understand the warranty thoroughly before making the purchase.
Overall, the Saatva Classic mattress is considered a good alternative because of the quality of construction and price. Consumer reviews speak of how comfortable the mattress is and how it helped them sleep better after having problems with other mattresses. Another benefit of choosing this particular mattress is that it’s available in many sizes, including a split mattress for use on adjustable beds, and the consumer can choose the best firmness level for their personal comfort.
The Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress has won many awards and comes with glowing consumer reviews. It has a hybrid design that blends memory foam and coils. This design makes it comfortable for most and adaptable to any sleep style and it’s a Casper mattress competitor. One of the unique things about the Puffy mattress is that it includes a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer and it is made in the United States.
The Puffy Lux mattress comes in sizes twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and California king. The prices range from $1,149 through $1,699. This mattress is shipped in a box directly to your door and the company offers free shipping. Plus, the Puffy company frequently offers the mattress in a bundle and they have other promotions to provide added savings.
Important product features
- It comes with a 101-night sleep trial. Consumers can use the mattress for up to 101 nights to decide if it works well. If not, they have a free return policy.
- The mattress includes a hypoallergenic cover. This helps keep the mattress fresh and free of odors. It also prevents the buildup of dust mites and dust.
- The innovative 6-layer sleep system provides breathability and comfort. It helps one stay cool while they sleep and also provides support to the entire body.
- The memory foam conforms to the body, which the inner coils support the spine to help prevent pain from sleeping in an uncomfortable position.
- It’s designed to provide total relief at pressure points. The foam is soft enough to be comfortable while staying firm to keep the spine aligned.
- The mattress comes with a stain-resistant cover. The cover has a zipper so it can be removed for regular washing.
- Puffy offers fast and free shipping. Most mattresses ship in around 7-10 business days.
- Unlike some other brands, Puffy doesn’t charge for returns if the customer decides they don’t like the matters. It’s easy to return the mattress for a full refund of the purchase price.
- They don’t offer a split mattress. This means that the Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress may not be compatible with adjustable beds.
- With the Puffy mattress, there is no option to choose a different mattress width or firmness level.
The Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress has memory foam and coils. This design combines the benefits of traditional coiled mattresses and memory foam mattresses to create a firm but comfortable sleeping surface. The included washable cover is a bonus because it allows one to remove the cover and wash it to remove odors, dirt, and allergens for a healthier sleep environment.
3. Amerisleep AS3 –
Amerisleep is a brand known for making versatile mattresses that are adaptable to any sleep style. The AS3 mattress is the brand’s best-selling mattress and it is the best alternative to the Casper mattress . It has a medium feel to provide a mixture of comfort and support. This mattress is available in twin through California king sizes with the option to choose a split king for use on adjustable beds.
The AS3 mattress from Amerisleep is made with plant-based memory foam. This foam is designed to stay cool throughout the night which is beneficial for anyone who wakes up due to getting overheated. The Amerisleep company frequently offers sales and promotions on their mattresses, which can significantly reduce the costs. The regular price of these mattresses ranges from $1149 for the twin size to $2398 for the split king.
Important Product Features
- The mattress includes a 20-year warranty from the manufacturer. For the first 10 years, the mattress will be replaced if the consumer detects any defects. For the last 10 years, the warranty offers a prorated replacement mattress.
- Amerisleep mattresses are shipped directly to homes in the continental United States. They come compressed in a box which makes it easier for consumers to get them inside their homes.
- The durable construction helps prevent the mattress from sagging or getting soft spots over time
- The mattress has a medium feel, which usually translates well to all sleeping styles. Most slide sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers have found this mattress to be comfortable.
- The mattress is compatible with most bed bases. It can be used on solid or slatted mattress foundations, platform beds, and adjustable bed frames.
- It comes with a risk-free 100-night trial so customers can try the mattress for a lengthy period of time.
- The mattress is constructed with a layered design. There is an added layer that helps support the body by adding extra support under the leg, spine, and head areas. This helps keep the spine aligned
- All Amerisleep mattresses are made in the United States.
- The Amerisleep AS3 is not designed to be used with box springs.
- Some customers have expressed concern about understanding and utilizing the 20-year warranty.
The Amerisleep AS3 mattress can be used on most types of bed platforms. It’s made with a high-quality memory foam that conforms to the body to provide support. It has an added layer of foam that was specifically designed to keep the spine in proper alignment during sleep. Customers who choose this mattress have access to a 100-night trial and a 20-year warranty.
4. Sweet Night Twilight Hybrid mattress
Sweet Night has created a hybrid mattress that uses both memory foam and inner springs to provide a supportive and comfortable sleeping surface. This mattress is ideal for anyone looking for a quality mattress on a strict budget. When compared to other Casper alternatives, it’s one of the most budget-friendly. Prices range from $448 for a full-size mattress to $708 for a king-size mattress.
The Twilight mattress from Sweet Night comes in a 10″ width or a 12″ height. It was designed specifically to isolate motion to prevent sleep interruption. It has a triple-layered design with high-quality memory foam. The foam is comfortable without being too soft. It can easily accommodate any sleeping style.
Important Product Features
- This mattress includes a zoned-pocketed coil system with special support in areas where it is needed most. This helps prevent pain from sleeping without proper support.
- It includes second-generation cooling technology which goes a long way in preventing one from waking up due to being too hot or sweaty.
- It includes a 100-night risk-free trial. This gives consumers the chance to try the mattress and allows the body to get used to sleeping on this type of mattress. The company allows for returns if the customer is not happy with the product.
- The top of the mattress is made from a luxurious fabric that helps wick moisture away from the body for comfort during sleep.
- The foam used in this mattress contours to the body to relieve pressure and prevent pain.
- It’s compressed for shipment, which makes it easier to carry inside. The box is shipped by FedEx and can arrive in around 7-15 days.
- The 100-day full return policy allows the customer to request a return label for a refund if they aren’t satisfied.
- The company offers a financing option for those who wish to spread the payments out over 8 weeks. If approved, the customer can choose this option and there are no additional fees or interest costs.
- This mattress has a firmness level higher than that of mattresses that are just made with foam. It may not be comfortable for those who prefer a softer mattress.
- It doesn’t come in a twin or twin XL size like most other mattresses.
The Twilight Hybrid mattress is available in two height options. It’s one of the more affordable Casper alternatives on the market. This mattress is made with a combination of coils and memory foam. This design provides a supportive base that most reviewers claim is comfortable and pain-reducing.
5. Helix Midnight mattress
Helix is a brand known for luxurious mattresses that are also affordable. The Helix Midnight mattress is available in the most common sizes. It has a medium feel, which is shown to be one of the most popular among mattress shoppers. This mattress provides support for side sleepers and has a pressure-point relief system to reduce pain.
The Helix Midnight is custom-built in the United States. While these mattresses are budget-friendly, they aren’t cheaply made. Helix uses high-quality memory foam with 8″ individual pocket coils for comfort and support. Prices for this mattress range from $699 for a twin size to $1,449 for a California king size.
Important Product Features
- This mattress is 12″ tall and has 4 layers of foam with pocket coils for added support. The layers help cushion pressure points and reduce pain in the joints.
- It includes a breathable cover to promote comfortable sleeping without overheating.
- Helix offers a 10-year limited warranty that covered manufacturing defects
- It ships compressed in a box and shipping is free.
- The mattress comes with a 100-night sleep trial so the consumer has plenty of time to try it out.
- Helix offers 0% financing for those who qualify.
It can be purchased alone or in a bundle. Customers who choose the bundle can take advantage of savings for items like pillows or mattress protectors
- This mattress is not available in a split design, which makes it not the best option for adjustable beds.
- The 10-year limited warranty is shorter than the warranty offered by some other brands. Plus, there are some contingencies that need to be followed to use the warranty if it’s needed.
The Helix Midnight hybrid mattress uses foam and individual coils for support. This mattress can be comfortable for all types of sleepers. But, it may work particularly well for side sleepers. It’s constructed of quality materials and is made in a facility located in the United States. Helix offers free, fast, no-contact delivery.
FAQs on Casper Alternatives
Why are Casper mattresses so popular?
There are several things that factor into the popularity of Casper mattresses. First and foremost, their advertising campaign has spread the Casper name and customer testimonials far and wide. Due to the widely known brand name, consumers may perceive the brand to be the number one option since it seems to be the most popular. Another factor that made Casper popular is the fact that they were one of the first brands to offer widespread online mattress shopping. Before Casper, many people wouldn’t have thought to purchase a mattress online to have it shipped directly to their homes.
What features should one look for when choosing the best Casper alternative?
When it comes to mattresses, support is important. Many people don’t realize how sleep can affect overall health. Finding a mattress with the right level of support is a key factor to help one get a good night’s sleep. Mattresses with just memory foam tend to be softer. They can work well for people who don’t like a firm mattress and who may experience pain from sleeping on a firm surface. On the other hand, some people sleep better with a firmer and more supportive mattress. That’s why coils are used in many mattresses in combination with memory foam. This can provide the best of both in a hybrid mattress that is comfortable and supportive. Some people struggle with overheating while they are asleep. This is why many mattresses are made with breathable fabrics and cooling foam.
How does a mattress trial work?
The mattress trial period varies based on the brand. With most, the trial period starts the day the mattress arrives at the customer’s door. Trial periods usually last from around 100 to 180 days. Within that period, customers are expected to try the mattress and allow the body to adjust. The exact terms of the return vary. Some companies may require a fee for customers to return the mattress to pay for shipping or restocking. It’s important for the consumer to read and understand the terms before purchasing a new mattress.
Which brand offers the best warranty?
Some brands, like the previously mentioned Puffy offer lifetime warranties. The warranties from other brands generally range from 10-20 years. When considering warranties, it’s very important to read and understand the terms. Some warranties are very liberal and allow the consumer to get a new mattress at no cost while others may offer prorated mattresses within the time limits of the warranty. It’s also helpful for a consumer to read reviews from others who have purchased the mattress and used the warranty. This can provide helpful information on how easy the company is to deal with and how well they honor their warranty.
Just because a brand name is well-known, doesn’t mean it’s the best product out there. Brands like Casper spend a lot of money on advertising campaigns to get their name circulating. While there is nothing wrong with mattresses from the Casper brand, there are plenty of other comparable brands that may have the same or even better features and construction. Choosing a mattress should go beyond the name.
When a consumer is shopping for a new mattress, they should consider price, construction, materials, and the warranty offered. By comparing all these important factors, the consumer is knowledgeable about what they want in a mattress and is better prepared to choose the one that will best meet their personal needs.